Gundagai Meat Processors
Learn how Toustone’s Agi DI Solution enabled GMP to improve their productivity through the utilisation of data.
Gundagai Meat Processors (GMP) is located in the prime lamb growing region of Gundagai in NSW. Over the past 45 years, their business has evolved from processing 5,000 lambs a year to processing one million per year. They attribute their success to their innovative methods, the trust they have built with long-term clients, and investment in employees. GMP is a significant contributor to the local Gundagai economy, employing approximately 250 staff, one of the largest employers in the region.
What's the biggest challenge in the meat processing industry?
“The biggest challenge the industry is facing right now is how to make sure we are as efficient as we can be, for us, the big ethos is you can’t manage what you can’t measure”Will BartonCEO at GMP
This led to the creation of a new set of industry priorities to help achieve this goal:
- Consumers, Customers, and Communities
These new industry priorities highlighted the need for improved efficiencies and lower costs to generate higher productivity to achieve this new level of success.
Key business outcomes
- Enhanced efficiencies and improved KPI performance
- Enabled continuous production improvements
- Refined procedures to maximise production
- Better management of absenteeism
- An overall reduction in labour costs
- Decision-making based on accurate, up-to-date data!